Widgets Magazine
Old 04-18-2012, 02:58 AM

Do we have something going here? It's about time this dead board woke up. Preposition and all. How's awakened? OU's defense will be improved from last year. It ain't because of mini-Stoops. There was some growing animosity and unrest in the squad last year and it grew as the season went on. Got rid of 3 players and it seems to have solved the problem.

Suckers for the bomb? DBs flat footed thinking for a count or two and getting beat deep. Showed up with TT, Baylor and OS Who? Mike has simplified and it shows in the scrimmages.

Simplified? Reminds me of Twit.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:03 AM

I don't think it showed against Baylor. They did the same thing to everyone they played. Your def played them as well as anyone else did. Of course everyone (us included) would like to think we played poorly against them. I know we played poorly against ou
Old 04-27-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsa joe View Post
Do we have something going here? It's about time this dead board woke up. Preposition and all. How's awakened? OU's defense will be improved from last year. It ain't because of mini-Stoops. There was some growing animosity and unrest in the squad last year and it grew as the season went on. Got rid of 3 players and it seems to have solved the problem.

Suckers for the bomb? DBs flat footed thinking for a count or two and getting beat deep. Showed up with TT, Baylor and OS Who? Mike has simplified and it shows in the scrimmages.

Simplified? Reminds me of Twit.
Tulsa Joe:

What's the low-down on OU replacing its players lost on the defensive front seven? Are you saying the front 7 will be stronger than last year?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:54 AM

Games sure come and go. Lots of factors. Mental things such as being favored. Being the "Dog" sure inspires some teams. I can remember some games in our series (the best in the U.S.) where the dog won most of the time. Don't bet your homestead against the odds, but it is interesting.

OU will have a fairly representative team this year. Some experience and ability. Returning QB will be (I hope) some help. Jones tends to throw high when the excitement gets to him. He has a pretty good arm and is engaged to current OU basketball player Whitney Hand (hot).

Scared the hell out of me when the jumble came up about realignment. Worried that our series may bite the dust. What a tragedy that would be.

Long time 'til season starts, but maybe I can lay out some Twit bait and have the pleasure of kicking his a$$. We'll see.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:57 AM

By the way, that's OU, not ou. As in lOUd mOUth.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tholly View Post
I don't think it showed against Baylor. They did the same thing to everyone they played. Your def played them as well as anyone else did. Of course everyone (us included) would like to think we played poorly against them. I know we played poorly against ou

Six turnovers against Baylor. Case McCoy's 5 turnovers (4 INTs and a fumbled shotgun snap) and Cody Johnson's fumble near Baylor's goal line taking away a certain TD.

Tough for any team to overcome.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:08 PM

When you turn the ball over, it's very hard to win. They are going to happen, but when there are multiples, you pretty much lose.

OU's D linemen are a little hard to read. 3 or maybe 4 were out in spring with various injuries, surgery (minor) and so forth. Gave the younger guys more reps and the future looks good. Your boy McFarland came on strong at the last of the season and it's about time. The coaching staff comes out with the usual blah, blah and only time will tell.

I'm encouraged, but remember that I am an optimist by nature. I've sat through games with my wife in the cold, rain, heat and like most of us, win or lose, stayed til the final gun yelling my head off for the Sooners.

I well remember the 1960 season when the OU stands were only about 1/3 full. But the ones that were there were true fans. DKR could have beaten OU by 60 points that year, but he held up and the final was 24-0.

Bud autographed his first book to me and also a 1953 ND program with "To a loyal fan" Bud Wilkinson.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsa joe View Post
By the way, that's OU, not ou. As in lOUd mOUth.
I'd say more like douche.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:37 AM

If you're gonna smootch around on body parts, douches are always welcome. The product from your big 'ol bull is very appropriate.