Widgets Magazine
Old 03-27-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Horn View Post
Probably much better with the Dublin DP.
Dublin Dr Pepper is no more.
Quote:
AUSTIN (KXAN) - Dublin Dr Pepper, a Texas institution for 121 years sealed its last bottle under the brand name on Jan. 11.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAhornfan View Post
Dublin Dr Pepper is no more.
[url="http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/austin/dublin-dr-pepper-cult-following-thrives"]
I saw that and it saddens me.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Horn View Post
The ginger snap was the puzzling part of the recipe to me. And, just so I understand, you are talking about the cookie, right?

My mom talks about how they would put peanuts in their DP when she was growing up in Louisiana. I haven't tried that one yet, but I think it'd be pretty good. Probably much better with the Dublin DP.
Yessir, the cookies. But I usually opt for the "fancy" kind since they tend to have a little actual ginger in them. They are actually a tad bit spicy, but in a unique and unoffensive kind of way. I knew about the DP plant closing, but you should still try a few peanuts in one. PepsiCo has come out with retro bottling lately, like Moutain Dew and Pepsi using real cane sugar like the old days. If you can find a DP like that, I would venture it's pretty darn good.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:41 AM

Growing up in west Texas during the 50s and 60s, we kids put salty peanuts in our cokes. Of course, we called almost all non-alcoholic carbonated beverages "cokes."
Old 03-28-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texhorns98 View Post
Yessir, the cookies. But I usually opt for the "fancy" kind since they tend to have a little actual ginger in them. They are actually a tad bit spicy, but in a unique and unoffensive kind of way. I knew about the DP plant closing, but you should still try a few peanuts in one. PepsiCo has come out with retro bottling lately, like Moutain Dew and Pepsi using real cane sugar like the old days. If you can find a DP like that, I would venture it's pretty darn good.
I think I'm going to have to try this recipe. The ingredients have me intrigued and I bet the ham is pretty damn tasty.