Baseball Recruiting Class '17-'18

Discussion in 'The Disch' started by djbfootball, Jul 8, 2014.

1. djbfootball

djbfootball Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  2. djbfootball

Catcher Alerick Soularie- Atascocita High School

Here is a young man that was the starting catcher for Atascocita High School and is also playing for Ray Deleon of the Houston Banditos.

Very impressive for this young man not only to be on Varsity but starting behind the plate for his high school team.

This young man has a great knowledge and feel for the game as a Freshman. He has a very High Ceiling and Deleon called him a Stud.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video of Alerick Hitting

[youtube]watch?v=9etd098FzY4&list=PLfxqyGl0FjcuIUIEHqI-yrOIW8wUe7SZs&index=10[/youtube]

Video of Alerick Catching;

[youtube]watch?v=O3UJCBDSLaI&index=11&list=PLfxqyGl0FjcuIUIEHqI-yrOIW8wUe7SZs[/youtube]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  3. djbfootball

RHP/SS D'Mond LaFond Cuero High School-Committed to Rice

This young man had a big year this past season at Cuero High School, Played on Varsity for Football and Baseball. Have heard that the Coaches at Curero will revamp their offense for D'Mond.

It will be interesting to watch over the next 2-3 years which sport D'Mond will favor, Baseball? Football?

D'Mond is currently playing for the Austin Banditos this summer and this is where I have seen him play. He pitches and plays SS for his summer team.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  4. djbfootball

Marcus Cantu OF/2B 5-11 175LB Moody High School

Marcus is the younger brother of current Longhorn Michael. He currently plays for the Team Rawlings Citius.

I saw him play at a tournament last summer.. He will be a players that will need to be watched..

5. djbfootball

RHP Devin Fontenot 6-0 145 The Woodlands High School

Devin Fontenot is a young man that is coming into his own. When you have a player that is able to make Varsity as a Freshman, that is impressive. But when that Freshman makes a Ron Eastman led Woodlands High School baseball team.. That should open up some eyes.

Fontenot also plays for Micah McAdams of the Mizuno Houston Select, I was able to catch up with Coach McAdams and this is what he had to say about Fontenot;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. djbfootball

RHP/SS Daniel Cole Harker Heights High School

Is Daniel Cole a pitcher that plays Short Stop or a Short Stop that has a great arm?

Cole was on the Varsity roster for Harker Heights his Freshman year. Also, plays for the Austin Banditos during the summer.

http://donaldjboyles.smugmug.com/15U-Banditos-Kent-Vs-Houston/i-GLG7WfZ/A

http://donaldjboyles.smugmug.com/15U-Banditos-Kent-Vs-Houston/i-bLzX3wF/A

http://donaldjboyles.smugmug.com/BanditosandPerformance/i-B5dd9bB/A

http://donaldjboyles.smugmug.com/BanditosandPerformance/i-NCh5wpW/A

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  7. djbfootball

Catcher Jacob Wyeth 6-2 215 Lake Travis High School

Catcher Jacob Wyeth spent his Freshman year on the Lake Travis High School Freshman team but also saw time with the varsity during the playoff run last spring.

Wyeth was named to the Top Prospect List during the South Underclass Showcase event that PG held in McKinney during the 1st weekend in August.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  8. djbfootball

OF Tristen Lutz 6-2 210 Arlington Martin High School Commits to Texas on August the 3rd 2015

Notable: In the long and distinguished coaching career of Martin coach Curt Culbertson, freshmen rarely get the chance to make an impact on the varsity. Lutz is only the second freshman since Culbertson’s been at Martin (2003) to break into the starting lineup and stay there through district. Teammate and rising senior Josh Watson is the other.
    Did you know? A 6-3, 215-pound 15-year-old, Lutz played in right field and batted fifth in Martin’s lineup. The 3-5A freshman of the year, Lutz hit .341, with 13 extra-base hits (including four home runs) and 31 RBIs.

Brian Sakowski had this to say about Lutz;

http://academyselect.org/welcome-home/staff/

Had the opportunity to scout the Academy Select Sun Devils. They have some high quality prospects, including Lutz.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  9. djbfootball

OF/RHP Ronald Washington 6-0 202 Dulles High School-Committed to Texas

An SEC coach sat with the PG scouts during Washington's batting practice and said shaking his head "I've never seen a freshman hit like that in my baseball life....." Washington's raw power is incredible for his age and he ran a 6.67 sixty to highlight how good an athlete he is as well.

Pretty High Praise...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k0mzYtbJMo&feature=youtu.be&a

Earlier today, Ronald Washington pulled the trigger and committed to Texas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  10. djbfootball

Short Stop Adam Oviedo 5-11 170 Alvarado High School

Adam Oviedo has some very nice tools for a short stop.. Will be a sophomore at Alvarado High School and also plays for the Academy Select Sun Devils during the summer and fall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. djbfootball

2ndB Syler Shepherd 5-10 150 Flower Mound High School

The last name should ring a bell to Longhorn Baseball Fans, Syler is the younger brother to former Longhorn Baseball Player, Tant Shepherd.

Syler is entering into his Sophomore year at Flower Mound High School. Where the Head Coach a former Longhorn, Danny Wallace. Coach Wallace in his 1st year at the helm of Flower Mound Baseball Program won the 5A State Championship, behind the right arm of current Freshman Longhorn Kyle Johnston.

Syler also plays for the Academy Select Baseball Sun Devils.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. djbfootball

RHP Drew Minter 6-0 175 Clear Springs High School

One of the hottest young players coming up.. Topped out at 91 on 12-20-14, Plays at Clear Springs High School and for Banditos during the summer.

My Pitching Video

[youtube]watch?v=_bB-dhFDDBQ[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/_bB-dhFDDBQ

My Hitting Video

[youtube]watch?v=yfm4SVQn-tM[/youtube]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  13. djbfootball

3B/RHP Leonel Perez Palmview High School Class of 2017

Leonel Perez stock has been rising since this past summer('14). Perez will be interesting to watch moving forward as he is also a pitcher with a good bat..

[youtube]watch?v=sqnJlfhZJos&list=PLfxqyGl0FjcuIUIEHqI-yrOIW8wUe7SZs&index=12[/youtube]

14. djbfootball

Shortstop Trent Brown Victoria East High School

As a Freshman;

Quote from His HS Coach

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2015/jan/14/east-sophomore-makes-early-commitment-to-texas/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. djbfootball

Richard Gilbert - Johnson HS.jpg LHP Richard Gilbert 6-1, 175 lbs. from Johnson High School(San Antonio) pulled the trigger and committed to the University of Texas;

Comment from his High School Coach

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  16. GilbertInfo

GilbertInfo Member

17. djbfootball

18. GilbertInfo

GilbertInfo Member

Please let me know if you are at a game we are at...looking forward to it.

djbfootball likes this.
  19. mongo51

mongo51 Member Who Talks

Great article and pictures, Don. Thank You. Can't wait for some of these young talents to be wearing Burnt Orange.

20. djbfootball

I will... Trying to get too as many games as I can.. If not during this spring, then during the summer..

21. djbfootball

D'Mond LaFond was on campus this past weekend, Had a Great Visit..

Also, TCU, Houston are also in the hunt..

22. djbfootball

LHP Thomas Burbank from Monsignor Kelly High School was in town last week at the Pitching Camp where he told me that his focus was to attend the University of Texas. Well today that dream comes true.

Burbank is rated as the #1 rank LHP in the State of Texas, #10 Nationally. This is a young man that has really worked hard in the last year to attain his goal.

He also, plays for Ray Deleon and the Houston Banditos.

23. LH 88

LH 88 Member

Heard we picked up a commitment from catcher Turner Gauntt out of Houston Episcopal HS class of '17!

24. djbfootball

He committed back on March 10th....

25. Campbell95

Campbell95 Member Who Talks

This thread hasn't been used in a while. With O'Sullivan being the odds-on favorite to win the job, I'm super excited about how he will fill out these next few classes. Any chance Texas could poach a player late i.e. Mark Payton?

26. djbfootball

If he comes in, he job is too keep all of the players that will be here in August, Mason Thompson, Kyle Muller, David Hamilton, Connor Capel, Blair Henley, Austin McNicholas, Ryan Reynolds, Kevin Roliard...

27. Rio Lobo

Rio Lobo Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

I know promises were made to O'Sullivan by Foley, but that was before he announced his resignation.

Since Florida has been out of the CWS picture since earlier this week, have you heard anything with regard to O'Sullivan's interest in coming to Texas? Or, Tadlock to Texas?

28. adprather81

adprather81 Member

Realized I am really late to this game but very close with the Gauntt family. Turner's a great kid.