Can the 2016 election be rigged? You bet

Discussion in 'Politics and Current Events' started by futures2015, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Shane3

Shane3 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

The polls have been showing him much higher than 1%. CNN said 10% recently.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3427600/ga...ate-surges-to-double-digits-ahead-of-debates/

Let's say he triples his 2012 showing and ends up at 3%. Who do you think will get his other 3% to 7%? I can't see them going to Hillary.

2. CaliHorniaBoy

CaliHorniaBoy Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

It's because a bunch of students are from Orange County which leans pub.

As someone with a degree from SC, I wouldn't really characterize it as a Republican school though. It's definitely not as progressive as the average public state school so in theory, you are correct.

3. futures2015

futures2015 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

ABCNews: Yes, It's Possible to Hack the Election

Shane3 likes this.
  4. UTGrad91

UTGrad91 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Trump's doing slightly better in the 4 way polls than the head to head polls with HRC so I don't think he'll benefit as voters switch from the third party candidates.

5. Shane3

You might be right.

P.S. I see Gary Johnson continues to hold a relatively strong third position. I believe he should be included in the debates.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/18/politics/pew-research-center-poll-2016-election/index.html

The Pew Research Center survey finds that if the election were held today, 41% of those surveyed would support Clinton, 37% would support Trump, 10% would back Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson and 4% would back Green Party candidate Jill Stein.

6. ttaghorn

ttaghorn Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Lets use Hillary's multiple servers to tally the votes for a fair and impartial election, pun intended. She would delete votes as she sees fit to guarantee her not be indicted by the FBI.

7. Shane3

Please don't give her any brilliant ideas!

8. Shane3

The stakes are going up. Dems might finally realize all this hacking could actually be a serious problem, when it potentially hurts them.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/clinton-charity-event-presidential-debates-227223

Democrats fear hackers targeted tight Florida races for latest data leaks
    [​IMG]
    By Mark Hosenball and Ginger Gibson
    August 19, 2016

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Leading Democrats are growing increasingly worried that the hackers who made public leaked documents this week were trying to sabotage the Democratic candidates in several central Florida congressional races, the first time such leaks have been targeted so directly.

Two sources familiar with Democratic Party investigations of recent cyber attacks said documents made public this week by the hacker known as Guccifer2 contained information that could damage Democratic candidates in competitive Florida contests for the U.S. House of Representatives.

The documents, hacked from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), which raises funds for the party's House candidates, are detailed dossiers describing the Florida candidates' backgrounds, including personal details, as well as political, economic and demographic profiles of the strategic congressional districts.

Since 1996, the parties winning the counties in the Interstate 4 corridor between Orlando and Tampa, where several of the targeted districts are located, have won the presidency.

Many of the state's moderate swing voters live in the I-4 corridor, and if Republican voters there turn out in force, it could cut into the vote for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.The DCCC was one of several Democratic Party organizations, including the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, that have been hacked, but the Democratic Party sources said they did not know who might have helped the hackers select the Florida races to target, or what the hackers were trying to accomplish.

There is, though, a growing pattern of attacks on the data systems of U.S. political organizations by hackers whom U.S. intelligence officials and private cyber security firms have concluded are working for or with Russian intelligence agencies.

Donald Trump's presidential campaign has hired consultants CrowdStrike to bolster its data security. But two people familiar with attempts to breach the campaign and other Republican organizations said that so far there was no indication of a penetration as serious as those of the Democratic organizations, and CrowdStrike is not investigating any successful hacking of Trump campaign data.

9. Shane3

Even if you disagree with the results of this poll, the recent momentum has obviously swung back to Trump.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/

Hillary Clinton 43.6%

Donald Trump 44.2%

Based on 2,463 respondents

10. SmackBrown

SmackBrown Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

His campaign has taken a different direction with the new staff. It appears to be working. I was with Wilco earlier, thinking that Trump really didn't want to win the presidency. Now I'm thinking he actually wants to.

11. HornsUp

HornsUp Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Oh yeah, these 48 hours have been historic.

12. SmackBrown

Obsessed, man. Get some rest. :)

Shane3 and HornsUp like this.
  13. Shane3

No. You're dumb to ignore the possibility. Hacking makes the news on an almost weekly basis now. You might believe all the hackers are smart libs, so Hillary has nothing to worry about but, based on recent history, that doesn't appear to be the case.

14. Shane3

He's up two, in the USC poll now. Of course all the fair minded libs here refuse to believe it!!! ;)

http://www.latimes.com/politics/

Hillary Clinton 43.0%

Donald Trump 45.0%

Based on 2,385 respondents

15. JG

JG Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

That poll still a conservative outlier. No other polls show him with a lead.

Let's see how the polls play out over the next few weeks shall we?

16. HornsUp

State by state illustrates a different perspective, but Futures and Shane might lose their Trump cars if they posted them.

17. HornsUp

SmackBrown likes this.
  18. SmackBrown

HornsUp likes this.
  19. HornsUp

If I was Hillary, I'd just keep my mouth shut and let Dainty Hands continue to implode.

20. Shane3

It's a dead heat now. I couldn't find a Breitbart link, so you'll have to settle for UPI. I hope that doesn't offend you!

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016...ump-hold-steady-in-virtual-tie/4241471961806/

The online poll shows 47.98 for Clinton, compared to 47.24 for Trump.

21. Shane3

Haven't seen a Trump car, yet, but Casey has posted a Trump Train once or twice before. ;)

caseyjoewalker likes this.
  22. futures2015

FBI says foreign hackers penetrated state election systems

23. HornsUp

24. futures2015

Homeland eyes special declaration to take charge of elections

Sounds like Jeh Johnson doesn't think 9,000 jurisdictions is a good way to run an election and that "a central election system" would be better.

25. IShotJR

IShotJR Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Is this a joke? Yeah, having the Obama appointee's people check for fraud by Obama's party is just what we need.

26. IShotJR

IShotJR Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Does anyone remember what Chuck Hagel (Obama's 1st SecDef) did before becoming a Senator? He was the Chairman and CEO of Election Systems and Software in Omaha, NE where he continued to own up to 5 Million $$ worth of stock even after resigning to run for office in 1995. It is also a subsidiary of the McCarthy Group and Berkshire/Hathaway of whom Warren Buffet is the Chairman and CEO. ES&S boasts having 4500 customers in 42 states and installing 260,000 voting machines since 2004. In addition, he won his 1996 election by 15 points over better known competition while local polls showed the election as a dead heat. Worse, ES&S provided the machines for that election. He then hid from the Senate ethics committee that he still owned AIS (American Information Systems) now known as ES&S through its parent company McCarthy Group. Then he of all the possible appointees, a supposedly former Republican Senator becomes the SECDEF for Obama. How convenient.

27. Shane3

Hmm.

28. Shane3

29. RepOfTexas

RepOfTexas Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

30. Horns1960

Horns1960 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Makes me miss Horns Up and Cali. Whatever happened to those gals?