Discussion in 'Politics and Current Events' started by windycityhorn, May 19, 2017.
lol, not happening
Good one, just one edit...
Trump should've shown the Russians that participation trophy he gave Comey. Would've made it all fine. I can't believe he called him an ugly name.
Russia investigation is very important. Maybe one day we'll actual find some evidence beside hips yarn collage.
Leakers are more important right now. There is evidence of several crimes. Either dudes think they are deep throat or alqueda, doesn't matter I'm ready for the public hanging.
I wonder how we can arrange a Bill O'Reilly style of "vacation"?
1. Imagine the uproar and fury had Hillary told the Russians she fired the FBI Director to ease pressure on herself. The Fox ****storm would be uncontrollable. Don't try to deny that.
2. He pissed off the intelligence services going back to the campaign with several jaw-dropping swipes at them, continued it at the CIA Wall shortly after his inauguration with an ego-boosting speech, and then finalized it with the Comey firing and childish backstabbing. He's gonna be leaked to death by those same agencies. He's going to have his **** pushed in, one turd at a time. IMO, he'll be lucky not to be taken out by someone given his slights of them.
3. The leakers are worse than the underlying alleged crimes?
Pence: Do svidaniya tsar Tumpevovich.
Trump: Huh? Uh, hey Mike, where'd Jarod leave the keys to the golf cart?
Pence: <no answer>
Trump: Mike, the keys? Yo Mike? Mike?
<sound of tiny hands snapping fingers>
Pence: <stares blissfully>
Trump: <Sighs.> Hey, Mike! Hellllo? Dammit, someone call Paul Ryan. Pence has that infection again.
MEANWHILE, IN LUBYANKA SQUARE, MOSCOW.
Vladimir Putin: Are you f*cking serious? Who locked my computer again? I leave for 5 minutes to take a **** and now Pence is stuck doing the creepy face thing again.
Snowden: Sir, our IT policy clearly states that any machine left unloc.....
PUTIN: What the... I was gone 5 Minutes, Snowden. I know how long I was pooping, dammit. Unlock it.
Snowden: Sir you were gone over an hour.
PUTIN: 5 minutes bitch. Waiting.
Snowden: Look, I don't want to argue, but.. .
MEANWHILE BACK IN WASHIGTON:
Pence: <stares blissfully.>
1. No conservative will ever even address that point much less concede it.
2. Good on 'em. But if they get caught they should go to jail.
3. Yes...when a Republican is president.
Number 1: Don't care.
Number 2: Are you in favor of an unelected praetorian? You might want to seriously read some history on this.
Number 3: Let's see, underlying alleged crimes vs real, public and visible federal offenses? Hmm, which one is worse? Unfounded Rumor vs Obviosus Fact. Irony meter is pinging.
Find some real evidence and the math changes. Otherwise no one cares what crime Don Lemon thinks Trump could possibly be guilty of, and the deep state bitches can EABOD.
Number 1 is stupid. Like all of sudden it's okay because some pubs might do it? Really? Are people that dumb to rationalize their actions that way?
Number 2 is ahistorical convenience and naïveté.
Number 3, please tell me you are trolling hip?
1. Hillary's not the President.
2. I guess if you don't like your boss it's okay to break the law.
3. As of right now the leaks are worse. Also, don't piss and moan the next time a Democrat gets elected and they end up suffering the same fate at the hands of unelected bureaucrats.
You don't even know if the story is true.
Both articles are bathed in bull****. No proof needed or that can be verified.
1. Not the point. It's a direct response to you being concerned with the leakers above all else. What I'm saying is just imagine the fury from the right. Full stop.
2. Far from naivete. It's precisely what's happening. He pissed them off in every possible way. Now he gets the death by 1000 cuts treatment. Oh yeah, and they think he's a danger to America based on what they know so they believe themselves to be patriots I'm sure.
3. I'll let him respond. But I think your response would be different were a different human occupying the WH.
Well, the WH did not dispute it. You know that right? Kind of makes you think they are acknowledging it, don't ya think?
I'm guessing, "You don't even know if the story is true" and "Anonymous sources" would not have been your first thought in an alternative universe.
1. No ****. Your reactions to Trump's behavior make that perfectly clear.
2. Send them to jail, if you can find them. I'm sure someone or two probably will go.
3. I'll be sure to be just as outraged as you were that our election was interfered with by a foreign power. You'd be wise to listen to someone on your side about that actually..."Today it is the Democrats. Tomorrow, it could be us," Rubio said in a statement.
That's because the WH staff is not allowed to comment without It coming from trump now.
You will believe anything
And clearly you'll only believe what you want to believe.
Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation
President Trump met with Russian officials at the White House last week. American journalists were barred, but
Russia released photographs.
RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY
By MATT APUZZO, MAGGIE HABERMAN and MATTHEW ROSENBERG
MAY 19, 2017
WASHINGTON — President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.
“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”
Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”
The conversation, during a May 10 meeting — the day after he fired Mr. Comey — reinforces the notion that the president dismissed him primarily because of the bureau’s investigation into possible collusion between Mr. Trump’s campaign and Russian operatives. Mr. Trump said as much in one televised interview, but the White House has offered changing justifications for the firing.
The comments represented an extraordinary moment in the investigation, which centers in part on the administration’s contacts with Russian officials: A day after firing the man leading that inquiry, Mr. Trump disparaged him — to Russian officials.
Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, did not dispute the account.
In a statement, he said that Mr. Comey had behaved politically and put unnecessary pressure on the president’s ability to conduct diplomacy with Russia on matters such as Syria, Ukraine and the Islamic State.
“By grandstanding and politicizing the investigation into Russia’s actions, James Comey created unnecessary pressure on our ability to engage and negotiate with Russia,” Mr. Spicer said. “The investigation would have always continued, and obviously, the termination of Comey would not have ended it. Once again, the real story is that our national security has been undermined by the leaking of private and highly classified conversations.”
And what are my reactions to Trump's behavior? Are you referring to my irrational opinion that we should wait and see what these investigations turn up?..... Egads, man, you're right!
I'd be wise to what? You honestly think I would be in favor of these types of leaks the next time a Democrat is President?
I read the article and it's a joke.
Only someone like you that really wants to believe that would.
Sean spicer not addressing it doesn't make it true. Also a little fishy that trump story drops 30 minutes after Trump goes wheels up.
The burden of proof for you and the media is slight. According the article the conversation was documented and then someone read it to the NYT reporter. Ok. Seems legit
You are really sad at this point.
1. Hahaha. So no rational argument = play the emotional pundit. Got it Maxine Waters.
2. History, perspective, condoning them is demonstrating neither.
3. Maxine Waters redux. Again with the embarrassing "but if the other party" line. You act like this is about patriotism but invoke politics as a justification. Stop being a fanboy and look at the facts and the effect.
Comey was a nut job .
FBI should have never been a political pawn for either party.
He had to try to not find evidence of Hillary corruption and while obvious,look the other way.
I'm all for expelling corruption and double dealing out of Washington DC let's start with congress
Comey loved being Comey and all his own attention a lot too much! He and Trump were like brothers from another mother.
He had to go and it's ridiculous and totally biased to believe he was doing an even competent job.
Someone get a straight jacket.
All the cracks are showing
The Media and Democrats made such a big deal before election about how Trump and his supporters must accept the results of the election.
After the election they have come unglued screaming excuses about losing and not accepting the results of our election. And now are committed to undermining the new President.
The American people chose a different direction and God Bless America.
Except more of the American people voted differently.
Such a dumb, irrelevant, and really tired argument.
FTR, my argument is rational. Yours is deflective.
And kindly remind me not to give a **** when the Russians **** with, instead of aid and abet, your candidate. Rubio, to his credit, tried to remind you who the villains are here. And yet, you only concern yourself with leakers. And speak wistfully about facts and real evidence, as though you haven't yet been presented with any.
If you weren't so full of it, I'd be able to see right through you.
@bHero you agreed with jhab that the NYT article couldn't be believed. He said Spicer "didn't address it" yet there he is in the quoted piece I pasted above doing just that.
You look desparate in your desperation....err, desire to disagree with me.
Or a president firing the FBI director because he wanted investigations shut down...
You guys are a piece of work.
Are you a woman? This argument sounds like you are menstruating. "All you ever do, blah blah blah...., oh poor righteous me....".
If you don't know what evidence of classified leaks is in the public domain then there is no way you present evidence to us of hidden Russia conspiracies.
And then appointing a special counselor. He's really bad at this cover up thing. TBH, the only thing he seems to be good at is "mean tweets."
Big leap for a little mind, don't hurt yourself. I agreed the article was trash.
In other words, you got nothing. Not a shocking development.
Keep lapping up the kool-aid, CC. Good boy!
They all seem to be trash in your world.
He didn't do that. In fact he stated it wasn't necessary. Did you really just try to give POTUS credit for appointing Mueller???
Except Trump didn't appoint the special counselor, the deputy attorney general did.
So when Comey testifies that Trump told him to drop the investigation against Flynn you're going to believe Trump?
You realize Trump doesn't exactly have a good relationship with the truth, right?
Both sides all day bro.
When he says "the American people chose" in an effort to show what great support there is for Trump it's just flat wrong. Not when millions more of the American people voted otherwise.
Wink wink okay. He was helpless, got it.
Separate names with a comma.