Game of Thrones: Season 7

Discussion in 'OT: Trivial Pursuits' started by J Galt, Jul 12, 2017.

1. J Galt

J Galt Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Episode 1 airs Sunday, July 16. What do you got?

Jon and Dany meet?

Jaime and Cersei split?

Littlefinger does something sinister?

PFD likes this.
  2. 10isgod

10isgod Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Not an uncommon opinion, but Jon, Dany, and Bran are the 3 riders.

3. cncoats

cncoats Member Who Talks

I just finished re-watching the series in preparation. I forgot what a great episode Winds of Winter is. The opening sequence to the incredible music score is TV perfection.

4. MikeHdez12

MikeHdez12 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Animosity between Sansa and Jon brewing?

5. TexanBlood

TexanBlood Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Clegane Bowl!

dmatx likes this.
  6. MikeHdez12

[​IMG]

Simms to Gilbert and Turnbo828 like this.
  7. Snuggles

Snuggles Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

gotta have Targaryen blood, I think. Trade Tyrian for Bran.

TexanBlood and J Galt like this.
  8. 10isgod

I've thought of that before, but I believe that Bran being such a powerful Warg will allow him to control something of that magnitude.

9. J Galt

10. J Galt

I think the 3rd is Tyrion as well. We've already seen 2 dragons accept his help. He may have Targ blood.

11. Snuggles

I think Bran has a different purpose. The Targaryens will rule again.
    way to ruin the spoiler, nerd.

where it really gets interesting whether Snow is the Azor Ahai and whether he takes out the Night's king or, as an undead former child of Winter and Fire, will figure out some balance between fire and ice.

MikeHdez12 likes this.
  12. 10isgod

I definitely believe that the Targaryen's will rule once more.

I would like to think that Jon is Azor Ahai, but you never know what they will do in this story.

13. J Galt

I've never read the books

14. TexanBlood

I secretly want the White Walkers to rule Westeros. I think they're more appealing than many of these characters. Tired of Dragon Queen and her rah rah speeches. Plus she moves to damn slow. But she's hot. I'd smash.

Snow needs more charisma.

15. Snuggles

I like the idea of a massive saga that starts off beating you over the head with the fact that every narrative you think you know is wrong and the classic saga tropes will be broken in surprising and horrific fashion. All the while, clues are laid before us as to the actual narrative arc that's finally coming together.

And I've always been partial to Tyrion.

16. MikeHdez12

Dani is a badass. She moves methodically because she had to assemble the mightiest army ever!

[​IMG]

17. Aramirezw14

Aramirezw14 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Unfortunately, I was duped into reading the spoilers that came out a few months ago (and pretty much confirmed by the dude who plays Jaime) and know the answers to all these questions.

18. texvet16

texvet16 Member Who Talks

The battle scenes are phenomenal! the battle where ramseys army got decimated was awesome. Is/ was there a worse villain than Ramsey? GOT may go down as best series ever for me....sopranos is tops for me right now

19. MikeHdez12

Maybe Joffrey. Joffrey was such a little ****. But if you ask me, Olly is the worst of them all. He killed Ygritte, who was the love of my GoT life.

TexanBlood and texvet16 like this.
  20. texvet16

texvet16 Member Who Talks

Bout to go down!

21. MikeHdez12

Traditional, move-the-pieces-into-place Game of Thrones season premiere. Great opening scene and you gotta love when Thrones uses the cold open. Loved the comic relief with Samwell as they showed how tedious his training is. That was Jorah that reached out to Samwell, wasn't it?

I think it's funny how much of a dick Euron is. I wonder what prize he's going to deliver to Cersei. Anyway, we're back now. It was a long wait, but it feels good for this to be back.

PFD likes this.
  22. Simms to Gilbert

Simms to Gilbert Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Looked like Greyscale to me, so yeah, I think that was Jorah. I'd put my money on Euron going after Tyrion. And somehow, Jaime siding with Tyrion over Cersei in the end.

23. mytopia32

mytopia32 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Based on one of the trailers, my guess is Euron brings back Ellaria What's-her-name.

24. Simms to Gilbert

Simms to Gilbert Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Oh.... I haven't watched any trailers. That wouldn't excite me.

25. J Galt

At the end of last season, Dany is telling Daario that he can't come to Westeros because she'll likely need to marry upon arrival. I'm wondering, who does she marry? Does she even need to? Given that she's decided to launch her invasion from her family's ancestral seat at Dragonstone and given that Jon is likely to find his way to Dragonstone in order to start the mining and weaponization of the dragonglass there, I think its fairly safe to say they'll meet. Will Bran have told anyone yet of Jon's lineage? Would Dany view his Targ bloodlines as a sign of family alliance or as a threat since he's from the Rhaegar, 1st-born line? Would Auntie D marry nephew Jonny?

26. Duke Silver

Duke Silver Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

This is the most disgusting show on TV. And I counted exactly zero tits in the premier, which is really the only reason to watch.

27. MikeHdez12

For those of us that watched the premiere first-run on HBO, wasn't it cool that there was a countdown shown in between promos for their other shows? They really made this premiere into a huge event. 10.1 million viewers, plus 6 more on HBO Go and DVR playback!

28. TexanBlood

I knew you'd be into this show. But I thought it'd be more for the political stuff.

29. MikeHdez12

30. 10isgod

I especially like the spike after the fact as well.

MikeHdez12 likes this.
  31. Robert STRONG

Robert STRONG Member Who Talks

There are quite a few Dany impersonators out there...