Low T

Discussion in 'OT: Trivial Pursuits' started by Bobcat 9, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Bobcat 9

Bobcat 9 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

I was diagnosed with low T back in September and have been on TRT ever since. Recently checked my T level and it's still kinda low, so the doc upped my dosage.

Anybody else on TRT and/or want to discuss?

2. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Just curious, what symptoms if any did you experience?

3. Indian Outlaw

Indian Outlaw Member Who Talks

I have a friend that got diagnosed with low T at a center that specializes in that. And he began treating it with good results.

My doc says I am normal and he agreed with me when I speculated that if I went to a Low T center, they would very likely tell me I was low.

I am really skeptical about those places. I trust my doc, though.

Boyd C likes this.
  4. Bobcat 9

I was sluggish, low sex drive, loss of interest im stuff, feeling down. For about 6 days after an injection I wake up ready for the day.

Turnbo828 and caseyjoewalker like this.
  5. Bobcat 9

I think so too, Outlaw. My doc says Low T centers make money by having pts visit often.

I'm getting good results , so I'll continue for as long as it makes sense to shoot up some testosterone.

caseyjoewalker likes this.
  6. Jdhmills

Jdhmills Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

there are a lot of studies coming out showing treating low T with testosterone injections may do more harm than good.

7. Bobcat 9

I'll ask my doctor about it. I think I read an article or 2 that focused on the lack of studies for long term use and how that might affect men.

8. Hiphopster

Hiphopster Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

I've seen stuff saying it causes heart issues. But I certainly am not claiming I know that to be true.

Most recent thing I read about a few months ago read some sort of research showed male hormone replacement had no overall improvement for the men on it. No long term help in sex life. Or energy. Etc.

Jdhmills likes this.
  9. Indian Outlaw

Indian Outlaw Member Who Talks

I hear a lot about the short term benefits, kinda like what Bobcat says. Wake up ready to take on the day, more energy, etc.

Long term, I don't know.

10. Bobcat 9

So after 6 months of doing 1/2 ml every 2 weeks, the urologist increased the dose to 1 ml because the 1/2 didn't raise the levels enough. Just had labs done and my T level is at 780. I'm a bit concerned because 780 seems too high for a 56 year old.

11. Boyd C

Boyd C Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Do those low T centers have physicians in them. Like the kind of physicians who went to a real medical school and were not the flunkies of their class?

PearlandHorn likes this.
  12. lazyLH

lazyLH Member Who Talks

I'm getting ready to get my second dose of the pellets. My levels didn't even get back up to 500. I can really feel the difference in the last month with my levels dropping again. My doc said I should be between 400 and 700 and I'm 45. 780 does sound just a bit high but not crazy high.

Bobcat 9 likes this.
  13. Bobcat 9

Have you tried injections? I've heard the pellets are painful. Is that True?

I'm a couple months into taking 1 ml every 2-weeks and I'm dragging! I'm giving it another month and if I'm no better, I'll go back to the d*ck doktah.

14. Bobcat 9

I have no idea. I was told those places make $$ off frequent visits to get tested and to get injections.

15. lazyLH

lazyLH Member Who Talks

The pellets hurt for a couple of days. They make a pretty deep cut into one of your but cheeks and jam the pellets in there. The good thing is it's only once every 6 months. Then you have visits every two month to monitor you levels and make sure it doesn't cause other issues. I need to get blood drawn as it has elevated my red blood cell count.

I can't speak for all of them but the clinic I go to does, they do primary care for men. The nice thing is the waiting room is nice, big comfy chairs, drinks, snacks and a couple big TVs. Never get much time in there though as they get you back to see a doctor pretty fast. They do however cost a bit more than a normal doctors office.