More fake news from the climate alarmists.

Discussion in 'Politics and Current Events' started by Shane3, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Shane3

Shane3 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...imate-alarmists-caught-faking-sea-level-rise/

The authors expose how PSMSL data-adjusters make it appear that stable sea levels can be rendered to look like they are nonetheless rising at an accelerated pace.

The data-adjusters take misaligned and incomplete sea level data from tide gauges that show no sea level rise (or even a falling trend). Then, they subjectively and arbitrarily cobble them together, or realign them. In each case assessed, PSMSL data-adjusters lower the earlier misaligned rates and raise the more recent measurements. By doing so, they concoct a new linearly-rising trend.

2. TEXBTP

TEXBTP Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

The trump administration is on board with climate change. The debate is over.

Hiphopster likes this.
  3. mcb0703!

mcb0703! Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

This is correct. Trump & his team fully believe in the climate changing approximately 4 times a year, depending on where you live.

It's called seasons, with each season having a different climate, again, depending on where you live

hwhondaman likes this.
  4. sausalitohorn

sausalitohorn Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Brietbart is right, no need to worry.

[​IMG]

5. rope4747

rope4747 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

When you type “fake news” does it not bother you that you’re using a term that is so ridiculously cliched and unimaginative?

6. Bobcat 9

Bobcat 9 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

It was warm in Houston at the beginning of this week. Now it's cold and raining. Climate change accelerated in just one week.

7. Shane3

I was going to say lies but, after thinking about it, I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

8. mcb0703!

@rope4747 has a point. Please use CNN or MSNBC moving forward

rope4747 likes this.
  9. rope4747

Dude, you misspelled Breitbart...twice.

mcb0703! likes this.
  10. mcb0703!

The "B" in MSNBC stands for Breitbart

rope4747 likes this.
  11. southdakotahornfan

southdakotahornfan Member Who Talks

I'm not even sure you guys know what climate change is lol

12. The_Major

The_Major Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Why don't you enlighten us?

13. southdakotahornfan

southdakotahornfan Member Who Talks

Why don't you quit being lazy and do some ****ing research? Anything I put on here you'll just say it's fake news.

14. The_Major

Anything you put on hear will be challenged for evidence which I was under the impression as being part of the scientific process. Why do guys like you, claiming to be on the side of science have such an issue with that?

15. sausalitohorn

Why did he write the paper under Albert Parker, not Giordano Bruno.
    Always great to have an alias when writing scientific articles.
    We need trustworthy scientists.
    Won't find it on Brietfart.

CaliHorniaBoy likes this.
  16. CaliHorniaBoy

CaliHorniaBoy Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Because (some) conservatives are hypocritical. The same guys that all of sudden want cold hard evidence rooted in scientific research are mostly the same guys that use Biblical verses when arguing against science on a variety of other issues.

Also, there is plenty of unbiased data out there telling you climate change is real. To what extent? That’s another discussion. But people look incredibly dumb (not saying you personally) when they try to refute climate change as a phenomena that is occurring.

17. The_Major

All I see here is people pointing out the data is being artificially modified. I think that is a legit concern. Don’t you?

18. JG

JG Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

19. CaliHorniaBoy

I agree it is a concern. And I know that data tampering happens. But I also think that the conservative crowd has dug its heels in and is choosing to be blind to what’s going on in regards to climate change. I’ll be compeltely honest. I don’t worry too much about climate change, but I am not going to bury my head in the sand and act like it’s not happening.

20. The_Major

We aren't being blind. We are being conservative.

holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.

21. The_Major

Speaking of. It's freaking snowing in Austin right now.

Rupert Pupkin likes this.
  22. sausalitohorn

23. Shane3

Climate cooling! ;)

24. JG

Yeah, it's snowing in Austin. It's never ever snowed there before, so it's proof the climate isn't warming.

acreativeusername and Hiphopster like this.
  25. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

My kids are freaking out! That was a nice surprise.

26. rope4747

Although I’m not convinced climate change is caused by man in any significant way, I’ve never understood why conservatives fight so hard against measures that will keep our air and water appreciably cleaner & more safe.

All you have to do is take a look at air pollution levels in China and India to realize environmental concerns are real and should be considered critical.

27. mcb0703!

Cleaner air and water results in higher taxes. Come on man, we're not gonna raise taxes because liberals want cleaner air & water

28. rope4747

Not sure if serious

29. CaliHorniaBoy

Well add Science to politics and scratch religion. Conservatives are usually slow to adapt with modern science and are only “cautious” when it comes to non-Christian religions. They really sell out on the religion stuff and I wouldn’t describe it as “conservative” by any means. Fiscally conservative, yet socially liberal, people that vote Pub are the exceptions. They tend to be on top of scientific progression and far less worried about “traditional values” when it comes to everything but the economy.

30. The_Major

you don't know what you're talking about if you think that sums up conservatives

31. Hiphopster

Hiphopster Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Yep. When that report came out, it was quite literally the end of the debate in so far as even a Republican government not putting up resistance to it. And that report was as frightening as they come going further than many others.

In fact, it was such a full-throated acceptance of man-made climate change that I no longer even feel the urge to rebut these NotBreit articles. Each written article and posting only serves to highlight the definitional ignorance on display in the fight to deny it.

Let them be eager fools.

32. Hiphopster

It is demonstrably man made. I urge you to read the climate report that was released a few weeks back. It no longer leaves much if any wiggle room for other factors. And the predicted impacts are now ballooning into serious issues that we will be facing by the end of this century, instead of some far off thing our great, great grandchildren might face-

33. Hiphopster

Yep. Took me totally by surprise. I had seen a forecast on KXAN the other day that showed a chance for light flurries on Thursday morning.

When it started this afternoon, I was like oh, flurries came late, I hope my kids see it while at school. Then I noticed that it was sticking to my jacket, and I knew that it was not just going to stay flurries. Got fairly heavy for about 20 minutes.

We probably ended up getting an inch or maybe a bit more out here in Crystal Falls/NW Travis County area. Kids were making snow balls and tiny snow men. But they had fun and that is what being a kid is all about.

I always remember that when I went to school in Nebraska, it would snow in November for the first time, and then there would almost always be at least a bit of some snow in the bed of my truck (and shady areas under trees) all the way into late February or so the entire time. Here, it was already melting after it stopped, which makes me sad for the kiddos. It's like a tease.

Rupert Pupkin likes this.
  34. futures2015

futures2015 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Woke up this morning to an inch of global warming on my lawn.

rope4747, mcb0703! and SmackBrown like this.
  35. SmackBrown

SmackBrown Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

LOL!

36. JG

So it's never snowed before at your house, so the fact that it did today is proof there is no warming?

37. The_Major

When you are out looking for the worlds next clean energy supply maybe you could pick yourself up a sense of humor too.

38. futures2015

futures2015 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Never said either of those things.

Is it difficult to build a strawman with so much global warming on the ground this morning?

39. windycityhorn

windycityhorn Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

The best thing about Breitbart is the variety. If you get tired of the Nazi apologia you can enjoy the defense of pedophilia. Now I see they’re reviewing scientific research. How does Steve Bannon find the time?

40. rope4747

Careful. You might end up with a burning sack of Hip’s breakfast on your front porch...

SmackBrown likes this.