Special prosecutor named

Discussion in 'Politics and Current Events' started by Hiphopster, May 17, 2017.

1. hwhondaman

hwhondaman Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Who won most states?

2. hwhondaman

Ps
    Are cellphones still a right or privilege?
    Buy more votes next time/Did Mexico elect Obama?
    Landslide of American workers too

3. JG

JG Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

How does that mean the polls were wrong? That's your assertion, that the polls don't matter.

4. hwhondaman

It was a landslide.
    American workers have spoken.
    Trump blew up the Rustbelt democrat bloc in a landslide.

5. hwhondaman

Who won
    In a true false question what are chances of being correct?
    Polls were wrong

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  6. mcb0703!

mcb0703! Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

My assertion is correct. The national polls had Hillary winning the US Presidential Election; she lost. She lost more states. She lost more counties. She lost more major cities. She lost more urban areas. She lost.

If you want to claim the polls were accurate because of the popular vote, have at it.

7. JG

What major city did Hillary lose?

8. rope4747

rope4747 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

I gave Obama a solid "C" a while back IIRC. I definitely don't think he was The unmitigated disaster I've been told he was by some of y'all. In terms of narcissism he's not even in Trump's ballpark. To quote Jules Winfield, it's not even the same MF'ing sport. He wasn't humble by any stretch and he definitely pulled some shady sh-t. But I believe he's a decent man.

9. HornsUp

HornsUp Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Hooterville and Pixley, to name two.

10. JG

She most definitely lost. She lost where it counted, in the Midwest and in the electoral college. No question. It wasn't the Russians and it wasn't anything else.

But what does that have to do with the generic Congressional polls? Were these polls inaccurate in 2016?

11. lazyLH

lazyLH Member Who Talks

Where am I wrong? Did I say anything about Trump doing no good? I just said Trump is about Trump and he is in my view.

You may want to read some of my posts. I have said a few times I don't think they will find anything on the Russian thing.

So I'm not sure "who you guys" are? If you are lumping me in with Hip and those guys, once again you may want to do some checking.

HornsUp likes this.
  12. rope4747

Ha! I did. Well played.

13. UTGrad91

UTGrad91 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Obama stated before he began his Presidency that he would be a transformational President. This kind of arrogance is not what I want in a White House occupant. He also said he was "uniquely qualified" to improve relations with the Muslim world. Boy weren't we lucky to have the 1 in 7 billion person that could fit the bill. Compare this to George Washington who was so humble that he tried to refuse becoming commander of American forces during the Revolutionary War or later becoming President.

As for whether Barry or Trump is the bigger narcissist, it's a close call:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/443820/barack-obama-donald-trump-narcissistic-mistakes

hwhondaman likes this.
  14. rope4747

Honda, "landslide" doesn't mean what you think it means. By your definition, Texas beat Notre Dame last season in a landslide.

15. hwhondaman

The Obama domestic experiment that liberals used to crush the middle and lower class workers .
    Had Americans come out in droves for Trump or against Obama.

16. hwhondaman

Rope it was a Landslide all time upset according to pundits that predicted Hillary guarantee.

17. Hiphopster

Hiphopster Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Can confirm. Lazy is not espousing my views on Trump.

18. hwhondaman

Landslide

19. Hiphopster

When less than 180,000 votes separate winner from loser with over 135,000,000 cast, it's NOT a landslide.

20. hwhondaman

How many states did Trump win?
    Hillary got so drunk she couldn't give a concession speech.
    Polls were shocked American workers came out voting for what was in their interest and soundly rejected Obamanation.

21. rope4747

Bless your heart. A triple overtime win is not a landslide. TCU in 2015 (7-50)? That's a landslide. Unfortunately a landslide loss but a landslide nonetheless.

22. hwhondaman

Overtime that's funny, it was over when the Midwest Polls closed .
    It was a mandate.
    Put Americans to work.

23. SAhornfan

SAhornfan Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

My God, you ****ing lost the argument. Give it up!

24. JG

Have you met me?

SAhornfan and windycityhorn like this.
  25. scott_tiger

scott_tiger Member Who Talks

Think out of 58 elections, trump's ranked 46th. He won, however, landslide is not correct.

26. rope4747

Honda, my point is you are using the term incorrectly. If we return to my football metaphor, Trump won the game 43-33. A two-score game is a solid win but it's hardly an ass-kicking.

27. UTGrad91

UTGrad91 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Landslide elections used to be the norm, but we haven't had one since 1988. In the 10 elections from 1952-1988, 7 were won with over 400 electoral votes and in the seven elections since 1988, nobody has managed the 400 EV threshold.

The electorate used to be more flexible than it is now. Today, 95% or so of the vote is predetermined with the Dems having a slight edge and so the popular vote margin will end up between say R + 3 to D +8 and those popular vote margins don't translate into huge electoral landslides.

Hiphopster, JG and caseyjoewalker like this.
  28. SAhornfan

SAhornfan Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

I think you know what I was, not-so-subtly, implying.

29. hwhondaman

The Media ,JG, Hippy and Democrats made such a big deal before election about how Trump and his supporters must accept the results of the election.
    After the election they have come unglued screaming excuses about losing and not accepting the results of our election.

PearlandHorn likes this.
  30. Hiphopster

Kindly point to me doing that. He won. He's also corrupt as hell and won't finish his term. The two are mutually exclusive.

31. TexasPalladin

TexasPalladin Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Question.....
    If Mueller does his thing as directed and finds no knowledge, collusion or crimes?
    Will you accept the results without prejudice?
    Speaking for myself?
    If the investigation leads to criminal acts and charges...... I'm going to accept the results without prejudice.

I can't copy/paste on this device, but if you want some perspective, look up Alan Dershowitz's interview with Tucker Carlson last night. His was a very very interesting take on all of this from a civil libertarian and Constitutionalviewpoint. Would be interested in your feedback on his thoughts.

Semper Fi

RepOfTexas likes this.
  32. RepOfTexas

RepOfTexas Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Of all people and publications, Matt Taibbi at Rolling Stone has a reasonable take.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/taibbi-how-did-russiagate-start-w482262

33. Hiphopster

Yep. And I'll come groveling back to the board for my public shaming.

34. msflash

msflash Member Who Talks

A landslide was Reagan v Mondale. You could qualify this election as a "demographic" landslide in that Trump absolutely dominated rural areas (conversely got dominated in metro), but in terms of a representation of the overall populace, not a landslide. You could say that winning the E.C. while losing the popular vote is the worst of all outcomes, as the presidential mandate can be pretty easily challenged, unless you think gridlock produced the best outcomes in Washington.

35. Duke Silver

Duke Silver Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

We're already ashamed of you.

RepOfTexas likes this.
  36. hwhondaman

The Media and Democrats made such a big deal before election about how Trump and his supporters must accept the results of the election.

After the election they have made excuses and accusations about losing and are unwilling to accept the results of election.
    Hypocrisy

msflash likes this.
  37. msflash

msflash Member Who Talks

Media/Democrat hypocrisy is axiomatic.

38. Hiphopster

Define we, asshat.

39. mcb0703!

mcb0703! Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Me & @Duke Silver, the 2 smartest on this board

Duke Silver likes this.
  40. Hiphopster

Ill wait for the usual suspects, too. They'll be along soon enough.

In the meantime, gfy.

And have a nice day genius!