State of Emergency in Charlottesville, VA

Discussion in 'Politics and Current Events' started by windycityhorn, Aug 12, 2017.

1. sausalitohorn

sausalitohorn Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

2. WilCoHorn

WilCoHorn Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Unfortunately you knew that was coming.

And alt-right hero Milo (who spread the Pizzagate crap that could have got someone killed) says it's hard to have any sympathy for what happened.

3. Horns05

Horns05 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Says the race baiter

4. Gamma

Gamma Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

We all know from personal experience on this board that the Left never acknowledges their responsibility for anything, and it's doubtful that they will acknowledge their responsibility for the Nazi thugs in Charlottesville. The Left has always favored violence as a solution to political problems, and the riots in Charlottesville fit their narrative perfectly.

Unfortunately, the precedent for what's happening in Charlottesville and at other locations around America, including many American college campuses, is the Weimar Republic of Germany where Communist and Nazi thugs fought each other openly in the streets as a prelude to a totalitarian Nazi takeover.

If any of you don't understand or know much about the history of that please read Daniel Greenfield's excellent discussion of the subject:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/2...sponsibility-weimar-america-daniel-greenfield

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  5. HornsUp

HornsUp Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Too bad our President can't hold white supremists accountable. Maybe fewer loonies would feel so defensive.

6. ole tnhorn

ole tnhorn Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Straight out of the Obama playbook

SmackBrown and bHero like this.
  7. HornsUp

So Trump is perpetuating the swamp, not draining it.

bHero likes this.
  8. Jdhmills

Jdhmills Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

So much blame, deflection, and hate in this thread. No wonder the current climate in this country is in the sh*tter. It's so much easier to blame someone else than to look in the mirror and think "what can I do to end the cycle in which we currently find ourselves".

T-Horn, Boyd C, ATX_Horn and 6 others like this.
  9. cctxfan

cctxfan Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

There is much we can do, of course. But that doesn't mean we don't have to deal with the crap from those who refuse to treat others as equals.

10. Duke Silver

Duke Silver Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Where'd you hear that? From the lame stream media! Trump and antifa and the police shooting black men for sport are to blame. Not the actual guy who drove his car into a crowd of people.

T-Horn, Boyd C, PFD and 7 others like this.
  11. Jdhmills

Talking about the overall political climate and the fact this thread degenerated into a "it's your team's fault followed by no it's yours", like every other damn thread around here.

Not talking about the simpletons marching with Nazi Flags and running people over.

12. Duke Silver

I know. I was agreeing, but it's getting harder to make jokes.

msflash, T-Horn, PFD and 6 others like this.
  13. Jdhmills

That dawned on me after a re-read. My bad.

14. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

This guy deserves mad props. I think I would have been like, "Nah, I'm sick today."

IMG_3425.JPG

15. Gamma

Listening and trying to understand opposing points of view is the only thing any of us can do to "end the cycle in which we currently find ourselves", but none of us has been able to find the solution to partisan hacks who abuse their right of Freeom of Speech to advance political agendas that are contrary to the best interests of the American people as a whole.

16. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

I mean...what are we doing?

IMG_3426.JPG

8724DBC9-4210-403C-8265-3B1CF8DF6C1D-2858-00000239D4861CE0.jpeg

windycityhorn likes this.
  17. HornsUp

Do you consider neo-Nazis an "opposing point of view". If so, to what? Democracy? Civil rights? Decency?

18. Shane3

Shane3 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Reminder. Responding to a troll is like giving crack to an addict.

jhablinski, Gamma and seanie punkin like this.
  19. Boogieman

Boogieman Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Do we need to alert the FBI to you?

20. bHero

bHero Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

That's the real red flag in this.

Why it's hypocritical fro the left say a word on this (they do the same with terrorism), trump made a point to call out the left for not acknowledging Islamic radicals and suggesting they endorse or support them when they don't... so what does he think what's he doing now?

HornsUp likes this.
  21. bHero

/end thread

22. rope4747

rope4747 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Racist.

23. bHero

I think Gamma wrote Trumps statement.

HornsUp and windycityhorn like this.
  24. Gamma

I'd love to be his PR man but only on one condition. He would have to read exactly what I wrote, nothing more and nothing less, without any improvising. I think it would make his life a lot simpler and allow him to get on with the business of keeping his promises to the American people.

25. HornsUp

There would be no need. You two are so of the same mind.

26. JG

JG Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

No I'm a pansy lib who doesn't believe in firearms. The world is safe from me.

msflash likes this.
  27. Gamma

I do see similarities in the way I think, the way Obama campaigned in 2008, and the way Trump campaigned in 2016. Based on their public statements, I think it's fair to say that all three of us see a need to eliminate the excessive partisanship in Washington DC, and to return the sovereignty over our nation and our government to the American people where it belongs. Otherwise, I think it's fair to say that no two people think alike, and my views do not coincide entirely with either Obama or Trump.

28. sausalitohorn

The protestors should not have been in the street.
    Streets are for cars.
    You got some acknowledgement
    e1b661da39228a65bd82c1c8bbb00f86.jpg

29. HornsUp

So where is "the sovereignty over our nation" now?

30. Gamma

I don't condone anything about what happened in Charlottesville. If I were Trump's PR man, his statement would have read something like this:

All of us in the White House deeply deplore all violence that occurred in Charlottesville, and all of our thoughts and prayers are with the families of all those who were killed or injured by it. We strongly support the rights of all Americans to exercise their rights of Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Assembly peacefully within the bounds of the law, but be forewarned. Anyone who exceeds their rights or violates any state or federal law in any way or commits or.promotes any form of violence against others will be procecuted to the full extent of the law, and to that end I have instructed Attorney General Sessions to form a task force to investigate and prosecute all of those responsible for the Charlottesville massacre. I was elected to unite the American people so that we can work together for the greater good of all Americans, regardless of their race, religion, or ethnic origin, and that is what I intend to do. May God bless the American people and the United States of America.

31. WilCoHorn

WilCoHorn Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Did Obama tell his supporters to beat the crap out of protesters and that he would pay their legal bills? And that in the good old days that people only protested once?

32. sausalitohorn

Very well said.

Does not fit easily onto Twitter.

33. sausalitohorn

Heather Heyer
    Victim of white terrorist Heather Heyer.jpg

34. Shane3

Why just life? Doesn't VA have the death penalty? If this murder was premeditated, the guy doesn't deserve to live.

35. Shane3

Agreed. With both sentences.

36. Shane3

TexasPalladin and Gamma like this.
  37. Duke Silver

Shut the **** up.

Remote Viewer and windycityhorn like this.
  38. JG

Let me ask a very simple question.

Would we have seen this level of negative response to the incident had the person that was killed been some dreadlocked BLM type instead of a cure young white woman?

There goes JG race baiting again...

...but you're lying to yourself if you think there would have been the exact same outpouring of emotion and anger.

Go ahead, fire away...

39. Jdhmills

Stupid post from a silly mindset

40. JG

Would Donald Trump have made two different statements if it had been some dude that looked Marshawn Lynch or Kaepernick?

Methinks not.