Trump Fires Tillerson

Discussion in 'Politics and Current Events' started by mcb0703!, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Duke Silver

Duke Silver Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Are you saying there were no people who voted for Obama and then trump? Shut the **** up.

2. HornsUp

HornsUp Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Hmm, maybe the doctors, nurses, PTs and the like can join the “overloaded” private system and deliver their services more efficiently.

Duke Silver likes this.
  3. JG

JG Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

It's not the workers, it's the facilities, and where they are located.

4. Duke Silver

Good lord.

5. JG

I'm saying the VAST majority of Trump voters also voted for Romney. So back at you...STFU.

6. Duke Silver

Another area at expertise for JG. We should ban you.

HornsUp likes this.
  7. Duke Silver

Look, moron, where at all did I say what the numbers are? You assume everything so you can rebut something no one said and feel great about yourself. It’s pitiful. Now **** the hell off.

HornsUp likes this.
  8. acreativeusername

acreativeusername Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

What do you mean by this? Unless veterans have medical problems that exist in no other populations, how would private hospitals not be able to deal with them?

HornsUp likes this.
  9. JG

"Privatization leading to the dismantling of the department's extensive health care system is a terrible idea," Shulkin wrote. "The department's understanding of service-related health problems, its groundbreaking research and its special ability to work with military veterans cannot be easily replicated in the private sector"

The outgoing VA secretary said it, not me. I just agree with him.

10. HornsUp

He’s wrong, as are you.

11. mcb0703!

mcb0703! Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

This is a funding related statement, not a service related statement...the available health care options to the military in the private sector are extensive.

Many many many qualified individuals in private practice specialize in treating military related issues

The VA specializes in paying for college, helping military buy a home, on base medical assistance, & waiting in line at VA hospitals

HornsUp likes this.
  12. JG

I worry about dumping veterans, many of which who live in less than economically robust areas, onto the private system.

Many of these areas don't have the kind of facilities there to provide adequate care for our vets, and they deserve the best we can provide them.

They deserve better than what we are doing with the VA now too by the way.

13. JG

I know you don't like me but you need to understand that in this I truly want us to take proper care of our vets, and I'm not sure privitizing the VA system is the way to do that.

Providing good care to people who gave us their all is the very least we can do for them.

But, too, if can do better than what we are doing, let's do it.

14. TEXBTP

TEXBTP Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

I envision the govt selling off the assets of the VA to the private sector. Those assets won’t be razed, they will stay in the places they are located. The govt could then place eligible vets on Medicare. So the facilities and doctors will be private and getting paid the same way docs get paid via Medicare.

15. HornsUp

I know one way our vets aren’t getting proper care, and that’s through the current VA system. It needs to be scrapped.

16. HornsUp

An antiquated facilities based system assures there will be significant numbers of vets who don’t have easy access to care, regardless of how economically robust their neighborhoods are.

17. Eric Nahlin

Eric Nahlin Recruiting Editor

18. TEXBTP

HornsUp likes this.
  19. ATX_Horn

ATX_Horn Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

That story is from May 2014. Of course, I could be missing something but I haven't started drinking yet and I'm feeling pretty confident :).

HornsUp likes this.
  20. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

BREAKING: White House: Trump's homeland security adviser, Thomas Bossert, to resign in latest West Wing departure.

21. TEXBTP

Looks like he’s no longer the Boss....ert anymore.

Thanks in advance for your applause!

Rupert Pupkin likes this.
  22. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

[​IMG]

TEXBTP likes this.
  23. Shane3

Shane3 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Bad rumor. Kelly is still there.

24. Shane3

I’m watching Pompeo be interviewed by Congress on C-Span right now. He’s an impressive guy.

25. TexasPalladin

TexasPalladin Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Watching Booker try to trip him up was sad.
    I would have told Booker, "Hey asshole, We both know that you are grandstanding and since you are going to vote against me let's dispence with the niceties and BS".

Semper Fi

horn78 likes this.
  26. HornsUp

The process is a pain. But that’s when the world confirmed out on the record what fools DeVos, Perry and Carson are.
    Pompeo acquitted himself very well. I’m comfortable with him in that seat.

TexasPalladin likes this.
  27. windycityhorn

windycityhorn Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

It’s almost as if picking people for cabinet posts based on knowing them personally, and not vetting them in any way, is a bad idea.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/24/us/politics/ronny-jackson-veterans-affairs.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

WASHINGTON — The Senate Veterans Affairs Committee is examining allegations that President Trump’s nominee to lead the Veterans Affairs Department oversaw a hostile work environment as the White House physician and allowed the overprescribing of drugs, according to congressional officials briefed on the committee’s work.

They have also received claims that Dr. Ronny L. Jackson drank too much on the job.

28. rope4747

rope4747 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Fake News! He only hires THE BEST! Sad!

HornsUp likes this.
  29. bHero

bHero Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Dumb. There's a known history of over-prescription in the capital going back way before him. I just listened to a history on this from NPR last week.

This is the usual throw **** on the wall to try and stall/derail nominations.

30. windycityhorn

There’s also a history of drunk doctors. Doesn’t mean the guy should run the VA. These kind of vague articles are often a warning shot. Jackson would be wise to withdraw before the details leak out.

31. HornsUp

Any physician who signs off on Trumpy being 6'3", 239 has issues of some kind.

32. HornsUp

There's over-prescription going on everywhere. Doesn't mean the over-prescribers should be Surgeon General or head of the VA.

bHero, acreativeusername and rope4747 like this.
  33. JG

"If I were him I'd drop out"??

AHAHAHAHA

Way to stand behind your guy.

bHero, scott_tiger and HornsUp like this.
  34. HornsUp

Such a man of honor and dignity.

35. windycityhorn

Shot:

Chaser:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/25/us/politics/ronny-jackson-veterans-affairs-nomination.html

WASHINGTON — Dr. Ronny L. Jackson, the White House physician nominated to lead the Department of Veterans Affairs, provided “a large supply” of Percocet, a prescription opioid, to a White House military office staff member, throwing his own medical staff “into a panic” when the medical unit could not account for the missing drugs, according to a summary of questionable deeds compiled by the Democratic staff of the Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee.

A nurse on his staff said Dr. Jackson had written himself prescriptions, and when caught, he asked a physician assistant to provide the medication. And at a Secret Service going away party, the doctor got intoxicated and “wrecked a government vehicle,” according to the summary.

During an overseas trip by the Obama administration in 2015, Dr. Jackson went out drinking, came back to the delegation’s hotel and began banging on the door of a staff member’s hotel room, according to an account shared with the senior Democrat on the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee, Jon Tester of Montana. The noise was so loud that members of the Secret Service came to see what was happening and warned Dr. Jackson to be quiet so he would not wake up the president, who was staying nearby.

Members of the Veterans Affairs Committee continued to investigate claims brought by more than 20 people who have worked with Dr. Jackson, including current and former military personnel, that as the head of the White House medical unit he oversaw a hostile work environment, improperly dispensed prescription drugs and was possibly intoxicated at times while traveling with the president.

On another trip during Barack Obama’s presidency, White House staff members reached out to Dr. Jackson for medical reasons but found him passed out in his hotel room after a night of drinking, Tester aides said. The staff members took the medical supplies they were looking for without waking Dr. Jackson.

ATX_Horn and HornsUp like this.
  36. Shane3

Pompeo in. Even got some Dem votes.

37. Shane3

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...p-truth-democracy-at-risk-20180516-story.html

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson took a veiled shot at President Donald Trump on Wednesday, warning that a growing national crisis of ethics and integrity has put American democracy at risk.

In remarks to graduates of the Virginia Military Institute, Tillerson lamented assaults on facts that he said would lead to a loss of freedom if not countered. And he said that only societies able to pursue the truth and challenge alternate realities can be truly free.

PFD likes this.
  38. cctxfan

cctxfan Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

This is what just about every non-Trump apologist has been saying and it’s hardly shocking.

39. Shane3

I find it interesting because I think Tillerson was taking a “veiled shot” at the mass media. That’s where I see our potential loss of freedom coming from.

40. cctxfan

cctxfan Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Um, no. Try rereading again.