Westworld Season 2

Discussion in 'OT: Trivial Pursuits' started by PearlandHorn, Apr 26, 2018.

1. PearlandHorn

PearlandHorn Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Are we not going to talk about it? That was ummmm......interesting.

2. MikeHdez12

MikeHdez12 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

I need to re-watch the final episode from last season before I start the new one. Haven't had time for that with all my re-watch prep going toward Infinity War this week. I'll get around to it this weekend.

PearlandHorn likes this.
  3. PearlandHorn

Guess I gotta get into this Infinity War craze.

4. MikeHdez12

Ten years in the making, you got some catching up to do!

PearlandHorn likes this.
  5. PearlandHorn

Good gracious! Maybe have to sit this one out.

6. jdezz27

jdezz27 Member Who Talks

@PearlandHorn I think i will have to watch the first few episodes over again and then binge watch them to start or attempt to see some things. Hell of a first episode.

PearlandHorn likes this.
  7. longhornsrock

longhornsrock Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

I was a little disappointed in the first episode and thought about giving it up. I thought the second episode was much better and has once again piqued my interest. Love how they are going back and showing the history of Dolores and of William.

8. TexanBlood

TexanBlood Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

I’m curious how the tiger got there.

PearlandHorn likes this.
  9. acreativeusername

acreativeusername Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Second episode finally tied a lot of stuff together for me. Had a lot of questions and some confusion and a lot makes sense now

Also, Evan Rachel Wood... she’s flawless. Acting and otherwise

10. longhornsrock

longhornsrock Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

She looked incredible in the black dress with her hair back.

11. MikeHdez12

I liked seeing all the actors I recognized in the second episode. Mr. Delos is the druglord from Ozark, the Major is Boon from the last season of Justified/nerd from that movie The Ruins, that one tracker from the second season of Fargo is the guy that takes Logan to the demo in the hotel.

I'm still #TeamElsie. She's out there somewhere! Somebody has to rescue her!

PearlandHorn likes this.
  12. texvet16

texvet16 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

It started off slowly but it managed to hook me in. Seems as though they are leading up to something big in the battle between the AI's vs humans. I like the flashbacks with delores and bernard but the funny thing is now that delores is committing the atrocities I'm not sure if I'm rooting for her anymore or William.

I can't wait to see what twists and turns they have in store for us because you know they are coming

13. texvet16

She's smoking hot, I wish they had a real westworld I could visit, her ranch house would be my first stop ;-)

14. MikeHdez12

It's an interesting point. Who is the protagonist of this show? Very clever that just as Westworld is a place that reveals to you who you really are, whichever character you, the viewer, are most invested in makes you hold a mirror up to yourself. Myself, I really enjoy Dolores now that she's part Wyatt and rampaging through humanity for revenge. But I already knew I was fairly cynical.

We still have to wait and see what Bernard is all about. We've mostly seen him stand on the sidelines, but if his motivation comes across to interrupt Delos' invasion of privacy and secretive data collection, I could get behind that too.

15. MikeHdez12

Did anyone else catch, when Dolores and Maeve crossed paths this past week, that Maeve made Lee dress like a stable boy? Laughed a little at that. Looked pretty dorky.

PearlandHorn likes this.
  16. texvet16

OK so we kinda know where the tiger came from and can assume there are other westworld parks ( very interesting ). Wondering what the woman who washed up on shore will bring to the table . Tonight's episode was kinda setting a few things up not that exciting or revealing but I'm wondering what bernard did with delores father , looks as though he downloaded something into him and up loaded something from him onto himself ( could be very important) .

Toadvine and PearlandHorn like this.
  17. jdezz27

jdezz27 Member Who Talks

I think the natives are rescuing? or holding the humans captive? Maybe thats where Elsie is.

The girl washed up to shore and the natives were there and earlier they wanted Lee.

PearlandHorn and texvet16 like this.
  18. Toadvine

Toadvine Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

So Bernard uploaded all the data from Dolores' Dad into himself, right? And that's why he got all shaky?

jdezz27 and texvet16 like this.
  19. texvet16

That was my assumption as well

PearlandHorn likes this.
  20. PearlandHorn

Didn’t he get the shakes in an earlier episode and had to inject himself with something? I gotta strop drinking while watching.

texvet16 likes this.
  21. Toadvine

He did but I think that was a future timeline maybe.

texvet16 and PearlandHorn like this.
  22. texvet16

Agree, it was a future time line

PearlandHorn likes this.
  23. MikeHdez12

Westworld, Samurai World, Jumanji World. I remember hearing there was supposed to be something like six I think. Could be severely mistaken though or maybe just making it up.

Looks like Dolores is going to end up murdering Teddy and that's how he got into the water at the end of the first ep. She looked incredibly disappointed in his letting Boon from Justified off the hook. Teddy has always been such an out of luck loser in this show. I'm Teddy.

No William this episode, but Armistice is alive and so are the two doofus techs.

Obligatory this week I fell in love with... Grace, the girl who escaped the tiger.

[​IMG]

I can just get lost in her eyes. She was in the last season of The Leftovers as well.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    jdezz27 likes this.
  24. jdezz27

jdezz27 Member Who Talks

Yeah shes a smokeshow.

25. jdezz27

jdezz27 Member Who Talks

WTF did I just watch....

26. TexanBlood

TexanBlood Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

So William is a host

27. Bayou City Horn

Bayou City Horn Member Who Talks

That was my guess as well; I think Bernard might be a human host too? Thus the shakes are degradation? Each off cycle he was supposed to go home, they built a new one...

PFD and Toadvine like this.
  28. PearlandHorn

Now that was action packed! My goodness. What an episode. Wow!

texvet16, PFD and jdezz27 like this.
  29. Toadvine

Right, so, Bernard is a host/human graph, for sure, but I'm thinking maybe not Arnold? Too early to say, but he seems like he's definitely on the side of the humans/Delos generally and is also possibly evil. Whose personality did he pocket?

Is William a host? that could explain him getting shot repeatedly and just shrugging it off, so maybe? Also, William seems to be growing a conscious, which is interesting. The reference to needing to look in the past possibly means he's returning in sentiment to the person who initially arrived at the park?

The purpose of the park generally was to continually improve the hosts and capture more and more human interactions in an effort to offer immortality to people who had previously visited the park? Still don't know whose personality is in Abernathy either, but I suppose it could the Scotsman?

Still have no idea what the various surges of hosts/humans are trying to get to.

Best episode of the season.

30. MikeHdez12

31. rawb_stark

rawb_stark Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

FIFY

jdezz27 likes this.
  32. MikeHdez12

I enjoyed the horror tone played straight in the secret lab. Well done. Completed with multiple references, spoken and visual, to hell. Creepy.

As to William growing a conscious, it's an interesting observation because he looked far more emotional when the first iterations of Delos were failing than by the time he gave up on them. Conversely, he was definitely touched by Lawrence's (weird name for a Mexican bot) struggle at the hands of the confederados.

PearlandHorn and PFD like this.
  33. texvet16

Great episode , trying to put it all together but can't quite do it and that's what makes this series so great. Definitely best episode yet

PearlandHorn likes this.
  34. MikeHdez12

He's definitely been shot. Like a lot. The one at the end of last season, twice this past week, including one in the neck. And let's not forget, the man in black was the main bot/host in the movie.

35. PearlandHorn

Peter Mullan ought to when an Emmy or something for his portrayal of a shorting out Delos. That was fantastic.

jdezz27, texvet16 and PFD like this.
  36. MikeHdez12

Same for Louis Herthman with Peter Abernathy. That freaking out bit can't be simple and I can see it being very easy to get carried away with and making it look hammy instead of believable.

jdezz27, PFD and PearlandHorn like this.
  37. Toadvine

WTF was that about last night? I'm all for introducing cool new worlds, but I cannot even tell if this series has a direction in mind right now?

PearlandHorn likes this.
  38. PearlandHorn

Seems like somebody said “Hey! Everyone loves samurai sword fights!”.