What are you watching?

Discussion in 'OT: Trivial Pursuits' started by Eric Nahlin, Dec 3, 2015.

1. MikeHdez12

MikeHdez12 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

The new American Horror Story season is two episodes in and it's not connecting with me. The political commentary is so on-the-nose that I find myself rolling my eyes just about every other scene. This is a show that is now in it's seventh season and I understand that as an anthology series, it has to kind of reinvent itself in ways to stay relevant. That's fine and last season, with it's show-within-a-show take, was an interesting, albeit shaky, direction. But even from a guy notorious for overdoing things in Ryan Murphy, this is too blatant to be entertaining. Also, Sarah Paulson's character is going to be a real challenge to sympathize with.

2. MikeHdez12

Guys, Taylor Sheridan is on a hot streak and everyone should go see Wind River. Different tone from the folksy and lighthearted Hell or High Water, but still has all the neo-western characteristics, just in a different setting. Actually, a good part of it is kind of an emotional beatdown, but in a good way. There's a scene in the middle where the father of a murdered child breaks down and it is one of the most tragic things I've seen on a movie screen in a while. Go see this one.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017 at 1:25 AM
    Turnbo828 likes this.
  3. MikeHdez12

Somehow I'm just learning about this but Tomb Raider is getting a reboot. Movies from video games are almost always ****, and I most likely won't see it, but new in the titular role is the unbelievably attractive superbabe Alicia Vikander.

[​IMG]

Sweet, sweet Lord, she is amazing.

Turnbo828 likes this.
  4. Turnbo828

Turnbo828 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Bad ears. DO NOT WANT.

texvet16 likes this.