Whataburger

Discussion in 'Politics and Current Events' started by Boogieman, Nov 12, 2017 at 5:16 PM.

1. windycityhorn

windycityhorn Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

I had no idea Players closed. I was at that place probably once a week when I was in school. Bummer.

2. Sneezybeltran

Sneezybeltran Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Insane. It started to get wild in 2005-2006. Nice area though.

3. Sneezybeltran

Yep. Maybe back in 2010-2012 they sold out to UT? You and I were both there a lot. I always got an iced tea, even if I wasn't getting the "Player's Special."

windycityhorn likes this.
  4. scout3dave

scout3dave Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

A gnarly old griddle like Dirty’s adds a lot of flavor. That being said Whataburger for fast food is numero uno.

I had a Fuddrucker the other day and it was really good but don’t consider it FF.

5. Denali100

Denali100 Member Who Talks

Not much bad about San Diego, but I dearly miss Whataburger and no intense spring thunderstorms. I miss drinking and driving too, but alas I hear that even Texas has banned picking up a beer at the ice house for the long drive home in Houston/Austin rush hour traffic.

Sneezybeltran likes this.
  6. HornsWin

HornsWin Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

I will fight each of your brigands in turn.

If I have to get a chain burger, Whataburger is my choice, unless I am in Austin, in which case I avail myself of P.Terry's. Man do I miss Austin sometimes.

Where I live there is this great mom-and-pop joint, Branded Burger. Fried, not grilled, fat half pound patties, fresh baked buns. It's a small town gem. When I am in Austin and have time to enjoy myself, I will take either Dirty's, mostly for sentimental reasons, or will go down to the Hill's Cafe and get a Country Bob (formerly the Fat Bob).

Man, whose idea was it to talk about burgers? Brilliant.

7. scott_tiger

scott_tiger Member Who Talks

Didn’t know Dirty’s was in play. I’ll head there any time

8. The_Major

The_Major Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

You guys should try Spec's Liquor burgers.

Legit.

9. HornsWin

HornsWin Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

I guess I opened this up a bit from strictly Whataburger. Dirty's is my preferred campus spot.

10. Hiphopster

Hiphopster Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Huh? They serve food?

11. Iz of Texas

Iz of Texas Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

If it's not Chris Madrid's it's just a burger.

12. The_Major

The_Major Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Try it. Thank me later.

13. Sneezybeltran

I don't know about that dude. They're good, but over hyped and have a long line. I like Burger Fresh in Conroe, personally. If I'm out west, I can find a top 50 burger at Perini's steakhouse just outside of Abilene.
    If I'm in SA, I like Tycoon Flats for a good burger and beer.

14. MikeHdez12

MikeHdez12 Member Who Talks (A Lot!)

Boooo! I'll defend Chris Madrid's to the death!

I did see RC Buford and Alexis Wangmene having dinner at Tycoon Flats one time though.

15. Sneezybeltran

Ha, that's cool. I like the place, but to me, a good burger is a good burger and it's hard to say one is the best.

16. Iz of Texas

Take it from a SA native - Chris Madrid's >>>>>>>>> Tycoon Flats (which I do like).

Order ahead - saves the wait. They just had a big fire there so not sure if it's back open yet.

I'm actually going to be in Abilene this weekend and always wanted to go to Perini's. May try it out this time. can you roll in there in shorts and a t-shirt or do I need to pack my starched Wranglers, Luchesse's and felt hat?

17. Sneezybeltran

Ha, you're alright in shorts. Call ahead for reservations. Lunch time or afternoon is easier and you could get the burger. Noted on Chris Madrid's. I do like the place, but just don't like long lines....and noted on the call ahead.

18. Iz of Texas

I have literally stood at the back of the line, whipped out the phone and placed my "to go" order, waited about 10 minutes, then just walked up and picked it up. That's the way to do it.

Shane3 and Sneezybeltran like this.